Monday 14 November 2011

Ditching the anti ds.

The time has come my little ones to talk of other things...
Or at least to think about taking other things. The list of side effects of sertraline is staggering. Sertraline hydrochloride is an antidepressant of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) class. This type of Antidepressant is commonly prescribed to fibromyalgia sufferers. The theory is that it will “block” the pain receptors in the brain and lower the intensity of the pain. Of course there is also the depression that goes hand in hand with many chronic syndromes that it can prove affective against. For my own part I felt I could deal with “the blues” with St John's wort and diet. So the anti ds were there to deal with the pain.
I have got to the point where I feel they do not help one iota with pain or with insomnia. It has come to the point where I feel they are pointless. I can deal with any negative feelings due to constant pain with the support and care of my family and much friendlier natural remedies. I am fully aware of any contraindications in natural remedies. With synthetic medicines the side effects terrify me. They sate in the long list of Adverse effects such things as increased suicidal feelings, cancer and heart disease. I ask you! How is that good for you?
I feel less in control of my syndrome while I am relying on medication that I no longer feel is beneficial. I need to take control and plan to do so. This is quite a big step for myself and I am not expecting it to be an easy ride. One step at a time it the way forward.
Wish me luck. I may go slightly loopy in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment