Monday 26 March 2012

Charitable Challenge.

DD and I were sat listening to the radio on Sunday. There was a man on there who was proposing to walk the length of Hadrian's Wall for Sport Aid.
DD was saying how he would love to do this barefoot. Being a part time barefooter I agreed, and said that I would love to join him, but would my health allow it?
So here is the challenge. I don't for a second think I am going to leap up and walk 73 miles from the North Sea to the Irish sea.
But could I do it in a year's time?
Well, I think DD could probably walk  it over quite a short period of time. I don't see that as much of a possibility for myself, but what if I gave myself a few days? perhaps 4-5 days? or maybe less?
So it started as the idea of a holiday, then it grew and grew.
Why not start training with just a mile or two at a time to begin with?
Take in mini challenges along the way. Things like getting up Thorpe Cloud, at Dovedale. Walking from Oxwich to Three Cliffs Bay?
Most importantly why not get some sponsorship and do it for charity?
The obvious charity, considering the personal challenge would be FMA UK.
So here it is. Details of where we will be staying will be brought about at a later date.
Monday 6th May 2013 will see the start of our journey. Of course I will be sharing all my experiences with the training and the journey itself here on this blog.
If you wish to speed us on our way please give freely here

No comments:

Post a Comment