Thursday 24 May 2012

Lovely Laugharne.

I have recently begun a stretch of work for CADW.
I am to play Lady Perrot the 16th century lady of Laugharne Castle.
To be honest I was more than a little daunted by the idea of two days on my feet giving castle tour to tourists. however, what a wonderful surprise awaited me.
I am now under the firm belief that more movement it the way to help with my back pain.
I am usually crippled by the pain and have trouble walking. suffering from extreme moring stiffness and it makes me a miserable bunny. I expected a weekend of having to smile through the pain and getting on wioht it.

Well, this was not the case. Don't get me wrong, Laugharne is not offering a miracle fibro cure with it delicious sea air. But being more mobile made a huge difference.
I also thing having DD on hand and being surrounded with happy people, full of enthusiasm for what I do was a huge boost to my mood.
It is always sunny Laugharne. Sun is our friend! Vitamin D and serotonin a  plenty makes for a happier fibroite.

DD and I fell in love with the place. There is more about that on the other blog however. Tales from the Tinyholding which is a much less fibro related blog. (Surprise, there is more to life than fibro).

So, the Laugharne part of the experiment suggests I should be doing more. Time to get the yoga DVDs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment